Ok, I’m calling shenanigans on this one.
I found this on eBags when I was trying to hunt down my favorite runderwear (Patagonia hipsters). I was curious because I have an addiction to hydration packs and this pack looked similarish to the 2016 Salomon pack that you can’t easily find in a 5set anymore. It turns out Swix is less “similar” to Salomon and more like Single White Female. Things are going to start getting awkward.
So per the website this has:
- Soft breathable vest contours to your body with no friction or bounce when fully packed with your gear.
- 3 fully adjustable sternum straps, soft and easy to adjust, no buckles, no heavy webbing.
- Stretch mesh front hydration pockets hold up to 500ml, placed to prevent bounce and instability.
- Front zip pocket for mobile security.
- Two side hip pouch pockets with easy access from left or right to get to your equipment fast.
- Insulated hydration sleeve with clip.
- Two vertical zip compartments on back to hold battery pack and other accessories.
What it really is, is a mimic of the Salomon 5 set (I have the 12set for demonstration purposes), only with a smaller zipper pocket, bad stitching, and bottle pockets that claim that can hold up to 500ml but don’t. The hip pouch pockets are badly angled and you can’t fit a phone in them or much more than gel packets. The front is SO similar to Salomon that it even has the EXACT SAME CLIP SYSTEM (which has 2 sternum straps thank you very much). The straps are damn near impossible to tighten and would never have been able to secure this bad boy tight enough. I bought this in the S/M and I’m a US size 4-6.